3.3K views

I wish I would've seen this website prior to going in for our 'free vacation'. Normally I refuse to spend any money we weren't planning on spending without walking away first. We still have not had our 'free vacation' scheduled as they have not responded to our messages or letters. TAN claims they are not responsible for the setup or contract for the vacation and cannot be held responsible for not receiving what THEY promised.

The deal was just waaay too good to pass up for the 20 week vacation package. with 6 kids we knew for sure someone would be using this. Just to schedule any week at all takes forever on the phone and they will not give or take any information except for payment for the 'extra' costs no matter where you plan to go. There will always be extra costs because it seems to be peak season every where every day.

They got me for a couple thousand, get out, leave, don't do it. Now i am having a difficult time getting them to cancel my subscription to the excess vacation yearly fees.

-cleveland ohio, disappointed

Comments

#1520323

Also got ripped for approx. 12K

Hilliard, Ohio, United States #1271434

Went through same ***. We booked another vacation time share with them in exchange for 2 TAN weeks.

With all the extra fees and no availability we were not able to book.

Lost the weeks even though we were not told there was a time limit to use them. Hard to use them when NOTHING decent is available to book and all seasons are prime season

I have 8 weeks that I would like to get rid off. Email me at spanforme0527@yahoo.com. Very cheap.

Interested in selling my TAN weeks. I have 17 weeks available. Email me at dsmith1215@starkstate.net

Braddock, Pennsylvania, United States #948646

If anyone is interested in buying a Note for 15 trips for 6000, I m interested in transferring my note. We have had a Salary decrease as well as a child since we purchased this package and it turns out we can't afford to continue with the plan.

to Alligator2 Braddock, Pennsylvania, United States #948654

My email address if interested is jolene7712@live.com. It would be 4500 and then you are responsible for reminder of the Note.

Totaling 7000 over time with payments.

We put in the 4500 already. We just want back what we spent.

Ive used a friends Excess Inventory from Tan and have had a good experience each time (went to Florida and Missouri) would love to be a member but cant afford the plan I was offered..Using the excess I could take a few trips a year..Nice clean and comfortable units

I have 4 weeks never used that I'm willing to sell cheap.

I'm in Cincinnati and have had my TAN since 2008. I have never used any of my vacation days and don't intend to.

Just like many of you, I was sweet talked into the program which is a total nuisance now. I think I still have the paperwork with me.

If anyone is interested to buy, I will sell it to you as it's transferable/saleable. Just email me at aperfectworld2@yahoo.com

I Love my plan tan. I WAS LUCKY I WAS ON LINK AND PEOPLE WERE SELLING 15 or 20 weeks for $3 or 5 grand.

I lost interest. One day I went on Craig's list and a Plan Tan with all the excessive inventory I wanted. A young married bought 3 scheduled week plus excessive. It was just what I wanted and membership fee $99.00 a year.

He lost his professional job and was moving out of the country. I told him I wanted it for the $600.00 he was selling it. We did it all through the mail ,cashier checks ,notarized and he sent me all the plan with tan stuff. I am happy , one trip alone played for my package.

I had a relaxing time at Myrtle beach resort with no sells pitches that I won't ever tolerate. I have many trips planned and my 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom condo cost $198.00 and no taxes. I am going to Molokai next time. They also have specials and secret deals.

You always start small and never pay thousands if are not smart or business Savvy. I was lucky, searching paid off. I have had my.plan tan since 2007.

I LOVE IT. PLAN WITH TAN.

to Katie #1238863

Are you interested in buying more? I have only used two of mine and one was refunded due to some problems.

I think I originally bought 15.

I will have to find the contract. My email is ndolfntym@yahoo.com

New York, New York, United States #808499

I was forced into signing on with tan. when responding to a phone call stating ,I was a winner of a free week cruise for two.

When I got to there building way out in "West bubble" the had me and 30 other people sent in a cold room for a presentation before giving myself and the others so called winners our free Cruise information.

They had someone talk to me for hours when I said no ,to him they sent someone else to talk to me by the end if it I spoke to 3 people. I felt bullied. They spent hours

trying to convince me to sign up for this;

With the idea that I would spend $5000 of my own money; with monthly payments to received timeshare vacation properties. However, in reality,they financed it.

I called TAN and told them right after That I was not interested and for them to leave me alone and now 9 years later, I have never use their serves and was sued by a creditor for $5126 it was taken out of my savings account on the 18th of April 2014.

By a "court order".. WHAT. I was never even served Papers, never got anything in the mail. Now my dreams of starting my own business this June is destroyed.

My savings gone with nothing to show for it. I have no trust in the banking system or anybody else fir that matter; because I feel like I was financially raped , No I was raped by them ..by Tan travel advantage club ...they were extremely advantages but God and myself and the Law will deal with those demons!! in time. I have never see the inside of a Tan hotel room,timeshare or whatever.

How is it, I never enjoyed a vacation and $5000 is gone please somebody anybody HELP ME .... Please their scam artist. My money that I worked very hard for is now gone ,and how is it they were able to just going to my bank account ????? "bank if America"?

With not one phone call from you!. Ahhhh and they take money out!!! and I never got any of tan's services.!!! All I can do is cry and hope, something can be done.It doesn't seem like anybody wants to help me.

Tan has been ripping off many people for years and I found out the hard way. I'm one of them.

I want my money back on top of that; I think that they need to be put out there so the world can see them for the snakes that they are. So they can't take advantage of anyone else

to AloneAlee #854410

I want to say to you that nothing is free. YOUR RED FLAG SHOULD HAD GONE UP AND THEN YOU HANG UP THE PHONE.

GET MORE BUSINESS SMART OR SAVVY IF YOU HAVE TO TAKE A FEW CLASSES BUT KEEP IN MIND NOTHING COMES FREE.

ONE MORE THING NO ONE MAKES YOU SIGN ANY THING U SHOULD HAD GET UP AND GET OUT. SORRY FOR YOU.

to AloneAlee #1238861

Looking to gather people for a class action law suit. Are you interested?

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #705907

I'm reading everyones reviews and I feel I need to say something. We purchased an 11 week plan in 2008.

We went to the cottages in Stowe, VT and loved it. They gave us a welcome letter and blanket. The cottage is fully equiped including washer and dryer. Our second was in Nags head outer banks, NC.

Loved that trip even more and plan on returning in August 2014. We received a welcome letter and beach bag upon our arrival. What was nice is we arrived 5 hours before check in time and the made arrangements for us to get into the condo about 2 hours after our arrival. Yes some people are right there is a fee of $299 for on peak hours.

I did the math i pay $699 for a fully equiped condo. I'm sorry the only time I won't use tan is going to Vegas. No one can beat online deals there with air fair. Also I have NEVER had an issue booking where i want when i want.

The catch is planning about 4-5 months in advanced. The customer service reps are very friendly and accommidating. Like a gentleman previously stated the VIP package is overpriced and we declined the offer.

We will purchase more vacations when we run out. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

to KGROSS #803893

If you would like to purchase our vacation package, I would be happy to sell at a discount! We have 10 weeks, and have not been able to use them.

to Anonymous #854406

What are you asking for plan tan?. Mary

to Mary #1238862

If you did not purchase hers I am also interested in selling. I am not sure the process and will get you details as soon as possible if you are interested. My email is ndolfntym@yahoo.com.

to Anonymous Bloomfield, New Jersey, United States #935489

I'm interested. Just need additional info and details. Please email me at jacky27994@msn.com

to KGROSS New Rochelle, New York, United States #926554

If anyone is looking to purchase more packages let me know. I can't afford to keep them and need to sell.Thank you

My contact information is (914) 575-1580 Kristen