Travel Advantage Network - Review about Plan With Tan Vacation Program from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I'm a paid in full PlanWithTan, Sunstream Vacations, Timeshare member. I enrolled in 2001 for 30 plus prepaid vacation weeks to any property Sunstream was affiliated with and would become part of. The sales pitch was to pay 2001 prices for vacation weeks that would surely become economically more expensive due to our inflationary times. Also, my weeks are willable and can be part of my estate for my children's future.
I have used only Excess Inventory to book the 3 weeks of actual vacation use since joining. Primarily because I am more impulsive and sporadic for most vacations. To have to pay $89 for an excess inventory week plus an $89 administrative fee for booking is not great but I agreed to this term.
What I didn't realize is that planning a long range vacation to a "prime" location during prime season for the area of my choice was going to cost me any thing other than the $89 administrative fee was a fact conveniently omitted by my sales rep during the presentation pitch. To the contrary, I was told this was the greatest advantage to "pre-buying" prepaid weeks to anywhere Sunsteam Vacations had affiliations. Needless to say I ultimately learned prime seasonal locations carried a prime additional fee and was seldom ever available on excess inventory when I wanted to travel.
I also pay an annual maintenence fee in excess of $225 per year which at contract signing I was told this fee would not exceed my then monthly payment of $147 towards my 60 months of installment payments for prepaid, inflation free timeshare weeks!
I initially was given info for vacations that even a working class single mother could invest in for myself and my Sons future.
The aforementioned is only 1 of many discrepancies made by the Rep of Sunstream to get my hard earned dollars. I still have yet to have a week of prepaid vacation bliss in the Dominican Republic with it's all inclusive advantages that I must also pay a premium for and furthermore it's not an option it's a MUST for all timeshares in the DR. If I prefer to buy and prepare my own meals, I'm just "SOL" (s--t out of luck). Which is bulls--t.
I am definitely interested in participating in the class action lawsuit regarding the deceptive, undisclosed, ever changing rules, regulations and participation practices of all companies associated with Plan With Tan, Sunstream Vacations and affiliates. I need an affordable vacation for which I've already paid.
Denise Giles, available on Facebook.
Thanks in advance to all who may be able to relate and assist me in being made whole by this company of ill-repute.
Burned and Scorched
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Number of Destinations|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Plan With Tan Vacation Program
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "This was our first trip to Cancun and we had the best time!! The hotel was beautiful and it's location was perfect. We had an ocean front room and all..."
- "Our video of the Sandos Playacar in Playa del Carmen Mexico..."
- "In the attached video clip, a Harrisburg TV Investigative report looks into Sundance Vacations, which is the sales front for Travel Advantage Network. Though on paper the two companies try..."
- "I am beyond angry and disappointed. I need Robert Levin to step in. (15122 store in West Mifflin Pa). I had in layaway a sectional and desigjned my..."
- "I have the Babi Italia eastside lifestyle crib color cinnamon. I am looking for the conversion kit to convert to a full size bed. I am being told by Babies..."
- "Well, I just got done removing the last of the Gutter Helmet (GH) from my house. It did keep the leaves out, but it also kept the water out..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."
- "I fell asleep while burning a Pier One Candle in my home. The material wrapped around the candle caught on fire and did some serious damage to my wall and..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."