Travel Advantage Network - Review about Plan With Tan Vacation Program from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I'm a paid in full PlanWithTan, Sunstream Vacations, Timeshare member. I enrolled in 2001 for 30 plus prepaid vacation weeks to any property Sunstream was affiliated with and would become part of. The sales pitch was to pay 2001 prices for vacation weeks that would surely become economically more expensive due to our inflationary times. Also, my weeks are willable and can be part of my estate for my children's future.
I have used only Excess Inventory to book the 3 weeks of actual vacation use since joining. Primarily because I am more impulsive and sporadic for most vacations. To have to pay $89 for an excess inventory week plus an $89 administrative fee for booking is not great but I agreed to this term.
What I didn't realize is that planning a long range vacation to a "prime" location during prime season for the area of my choice was going to cost me any thing other than the $89 administrative fee was a fact conveniently omitted by my sales rep during the presentation pitch. To the contrary, I was told this was the greatest advantage to "pre-buying" prepaid weeks to anywhere Sunsteam Vacations had affiliations. Needless to say I ultimately learned prime seasonal locations carried a prime additional fee and was seldom ever available on excess inventory when I wanted to travel.
I also pay an annual maintenence fee in excess of $225 per year which at contract signing I was told this fee would not exceed my then monthly payment of $147 towards my 60 months of installment payments for prepaid, inflation free timeshare weeks!
I initially was given info for vacations that even a working class single mother could invest in for myself and my Sons future.
The aforementioned is only 1 of many discrepancies made by the Rep of Sunstream to get my hard earned dollars. I still have yet to have a week of prepaid vacation bliss in the Dominican Republic with it's all inclusive advantages that I must also pay a premium for and furthermore it's not an option it's a MUST for all timeshares in the DR. If I prefer to buy and prepare my own meals, I'm just "SOL" (s--t out of luck). Which is bulls--t.
I am definitely interested in participating in the class action lawsuit regarding the deceptive, undisclosed, ever changing rules, regulations and participation practices of all companies associated with Plan With Tan, Sunstream Vacations and affiliates. I need an affordable vacation for which I've already paid.
Denise Giles, available on Facebook.
Thanks in advance to all who may be able to relate and assist me in being made whole by this company of ill-repute.
Burned and Scorched
More Review Details
|Number of Destinations|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Plan With Tan Vacation Program
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I’d like to start from the beginning of our planning because I think there is a valuable lesson after going through all the travel options like expedia, orbitz, etc…I was..."
- "This is a clip from ABC 27 in Harrisburg, PA where they do an investigative piece on Sundance Vacations. (it's in the second half of the clip). Sundance has sales..."
- "Hotel was amazing with excellent service and concierge.The atmosphere is so FUN and lively.The food was great with my favorite being the hibachi grill Silk City!! The beach service was..."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "This clinic removes all of the many negative comments almost immediately from its Instagram page..... but sometimes you catch one before it disappears! Nadia's comment has already vanished! Check for..."
- "I contacted Tamia at 6478700100 this past tuesday. I went to her motel room in Barrie and we discussed what i was into and then i gave her 200 donations..."
- " I worked for these people and they pretty much treat me like a slave, they owe me over $1,000 in unpaid wages, as well as reimbursement for mileage, referral..."
- "We have a horrible icicle problem in the winter, according to Leaf Guard it's due to "heat loss". Our patio roof was added on after the house was built, there's..."
- "I received the two new Floureon 14.8v 5,000mAh LiPo batteries the other day from GearBest.com and they are both defective since one of the cells is swelling slightly and there..."