Travel Advantage Network - Review about Plan With Tan Vacation Program from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

I'm a paid in full PlanWithTan, Sunstream Vacations, Timeshare member. I enrolled in 2001 for 30 plus prepaid vacation weeks to any property Sunstream was affiliated with and would become part of. The sales pitch was to pay 2001 prices for vacation weeks that would surely become economically more expensive due to our inflationary times. Also, my weeks are willable and can be part of my estate for my children's future.

I have used only Excess Inventory to book the 3 weeks of actual vacation use since joining. Primarily because I am more impulsive and sporadic for most vacations. To have to pay $89 for an excess inventory week plus an $89 administrative fee for booking is not great but I agreed to this term.

What I didn't realize is that planning a long range vacation to a "prime" location during prime season for the area of my choice was going to cost me any thing other than the $89 administrative fee was a fact conveniently omitted by my sales rep during the presentation pitch. To the contrary, I was told this was the greatest advantage to "pre-buying" prepaid weeks to anywhere Sunsteam Vacations had affiliations. Needless to say I ultimately learned prime seasonal locations carried a prime additional fee and was seldom ever available on excess inventory when I wanted to travel.

I also pay an annual maintenence fee in excess of $225 per year which at contract signing I was told this fee would not exceed my then monthly payment of $147 towards my 60 months of installment payments for prepaid, inflation free timeshare weeks!

I initially was given info for vacations that even a working class single mother could invest in for myself and my Sons future.

The aforementioned is only 1 of many discrepancies made by the Rep of Sunstream to get my hard earned dollars. I still have yet to have a week of prepaid vacation bliss in the Dominican Republic with it's all inclusive advantages that I must also pay a premium for and furthermore it's not an option it's a MUST for all timeshares in the DR. If I prefer to buy and prepare my own meals, I'm just "SOL" (s--t out of luck). Which is bulls--t.

I am definitely interested in participating in the class action lawsuit regarding the deceptive, undisclosed, ever changing rules, regulations and participation practices of all companies associated with Plan With Tan, Sunstream Vacations and affiliates. I need an affordable vacation for which I've already paid.

Denise Giles, available on Facebook.

Thanks in advance to all who may be able to relate and assist me in being made whole by this company of ill-repute.

Burned and Scorched

In Pittsburgh

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Plan With Tan Vacation Program
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #794923 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Travel Advantage Network? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 26 #1204012 Yorktown Heights, New York

How do we get rid of, donate, sell this TAN stuff. Bought 12 in 2005 for 4000. used 1 week, 11 to go, but even if use 11 at 109/week - NON-Prime, still have maintenance fees of 392.71/year, so I have also already paid another 4000 for nothing.

1 0 Reply

Apr 14 #1144664

Without going into my story (since it is the same as everyone else's) I am very interested in a class action suite. I do not know how to go about this.
I am on facebook
Misty L. Coleman

1 0 Reply

Mar 28 #1135557

exactly an d on top of paying plan wit tan I pay another fee to a different company i dont even know where this fee came from.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.